5 Best Gaming Laptops Under 300 dollars 2016
When it comes to gaming, consoles are the top choice of buyers. However, if you wish to experience the authentic quality that a game brings to the table, laptops are the way to go. As with desktops, all the top-notch gaming laptops are configured specifically to deliver premium gaming performance. At the least, they all feature a bigger screen size (15-19 inches), with a decent resolution and long battery life. Additionally, they are powered by a third-generation Intel Core processor.
While gaming laptops under 300 are practically unheard of, they do exist and come packed with a wide range of supreme features for their price. Here we review the best laptops under 300, built especially for the purpose of gaming.
10 Best Laptops Under $300 Overview Chart
|Picture||Model||Screen Size||Editors' rating|
|2016 Newest ASUS 15.6" High Performance Premium HD Laptop||15.6"||4.5|
|ASUS Chromebook Flip 10.1-Inch Convertible 2 in 1 Touchscreen||10.1"||4.7|
|Acer Chromebook 14, Aluminum||14.0"||4.6|
|Acer Aspire ES 15, 15.6" HD, Intel Core i3-6100U||15.6"||4.9|
|Acer Chromebook 15 CB5-571-C1DZ||15.6"||4.8|
|ASUS Chromebook C202SA-YS02||11.6||5.0|
|Asus X540LA-SI30205P 15.6-Inch Laptop||15.6"||4.2|
|Acer Aspire ES 15, 15.6" HD, Intel Core i3-6100U||15.6"||4.6|
|HP Black 15.6", AMD Quad-Core A4-5000||15.6"||4.8|
|Toshiba Satellite C55-C5379 15.6" Laptop, Intel i3-5005U||15.6"||4.7|
5 Best Gaming Laptops Under $300 Reviews
1. HP 15-F211WM 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop
The HP 15-F211WMT is a touchscreen, ultraportable laptop that features a Windows 10 operating system. Its 15.6 inch screen makes it apt for gaming and streaming crisp videos. Unlike the popular Chromebooks and tablets flooding the market, the HP 15-F211WMT has been designed particularly to be a workhorse. Geared by an Intel Celeron N2840 processor, it allows users to multi-task effortlessly.
The HP 15-F211WM is outfitted with a 2.16 Hertz Intel Celeron Dual-Core processor, which is basically a standard mobile processor. It’s paired with a 4 GB memory and a 5400 rpm hard drive, that lets you multitask and run several programs, or open many tabs simultaneously.
The HP 15-F211WM features a 15.6-inch screen with a display that supports 1366 x 768 native resolution. This is sufficient for streaming both 720p. HD and 1080p HD videos from online sources.
The system features a fair amount of connectivity, with one USB 2.0 port, 2 USB 3.0 ports and one port each for Ethernet as well as HDMI. The USB 3.0 ports come molded in blue plastic, to stand out from the slower 2.0 USB ports.
The system includes a SuperMulti DVD burner and an SD card reader as well. Although the DVD does contribute to the system’s thickness, that may be essential for casual users that would like to use older programs typically found on DVDs.
The HP 15-F211WM is integrated with a 3-cell lithium ion battery. This, essentially, promises a battery life of six hours. While that isn’t much as compared to the ultrabooks abuzz in the market, it’s good enough for a touch-enabled device.
- The major USP of the HP 15-F211WM is its touch screen capability. Moreover, with Windows 10 pre-installed, you won’t really need to use the touch screen very often.
- This device has a Dual-core processor and a 4 GB of system memory, both of which make it competent enough to run multimedia apps or stream videos without hanging up.
- The multi-touch trackpad allows Windows 10 gestures, that is extremely handy when you’re in the midst of a lengthy game and need a whole lot of shortcuts.
- The only drawback about this system is the absence of a non-backlit keyboard. This makes it a little less versatile in terms of usage.
The Final Verdict
All in all, the HP 15-F211WM offers decent value of money with its set of top-notch features. Its battery life is good enough to last you through most of your work hours, plus its budget price won’t cause you to break the bank. To top it all, the touchscreen is particularly fascinating, with a display that’s bound to take the experience of gaming to a whole new level altogether. Therefore, it wouldn’t be wrong to surmise that the HP 15-F211WM is one of the best laptops under $300.Buy It Now on Amazon
2. 2016 New Edition Lenovo 15.6-inch Premium Laptop
The 15.6″ Lenovo Premium Laptop is one of those cheap laptops that looks too good for its price. Apart from being sleek and stylish, it’s quite versatile and functional. Packed with superior features, this is one of the best gaming laptops under 300 dollars, as it’s perfect for everyday use of streaming videos and multimedia apps. The AMD Radeon R5 graphics card with 4 GB of RAM memory ensures solid image quality for casual gaming, movies and basic photo editing. You can expect a decent gaming experience when playing games like Skyrim (provided the graphic settings are adjusted to lower or medium performance).
The system is integrated with a D E1-6010 Dual Core Processor that allows you to run multiple tabs at the same time. The AMD Radeon R5 graphics card provides razor-sharp image quality for internet use and casual gaming.
At 15.6 inches, the laptop’s screen has an HD LED display with 1366 x 788 resolution. This enables users to play old and recent games at medium settings.
The 500 GB Hard Drive with a 4 GB RAM memory provide plenty of space for storing your multimedia files comfortably.
It comes pre-installed with Windows 10 and weighs 5.5 lbs, therefore, a tad bulkier than other cheap laptops..
The 4-cell Lithium ion battery promises up to 6 hours of battery life before running out of juice.Buy From Amazon
- The system incorporates an AMD Dual-Core Processor that makes it smoother and faster to perform regular tasks like editing, writing, gaming and video streaming, all at the same time.
- At 15.6″, the screen is large and features an HD LED and backlit display that is perfect for nighttime viewing or gaming when insomnia comes calling!
- You’ll love the full, immersive sound provided unexpectedly from the stereo speakers of this budget laptop. The fairly good sound quality is sure to make your home entertainment experience incredibly satisfying.
- With the integrated AMD Radeon R5 graphics card, you can play most of the recent games on lower resolutions.
- Although the 2016 New Edition Lenovo does sport an eye-catchy exterior, it’s quite bulky. Being as heavy as 5.5 pounds, you may eventually feel the burden of lugging it around from place to place.
- Though the system is capable enough to perform simple tasks, you may not be able to count on it to fulfill all your digital fantasies with it. Considering its specs, it’s not fit for carrying out complex tasks or playing the latest games at high resolution.
The Final Verdict
For people who don’t believe themselves to be ardent gamers, this is a wonderful device. If your primary motive is the running of simple tasks smoothly and efficiently, and you don’t mind playing games like Skyrim or Minecraft at lower settings, or maybe older titles with higher resolutions, then the 2016 New Edition Lenovo is a good pick from all the gaming laptops under 300.
3. 2016 Newest Dell Inspiron 15 15.6″ Premium High Performance Laptop PC
The 2016 Newest Dell Inspiron 15 is an irresistible combination of scintillating good looks, solid graphics performance and a long battery life. Ideal for both work and gameplay, it features Windows 10 operating interface for quick and easy navigation.
The system is equipped with a 500 GB hard drive and 4GB RAM memory expandable to almost 8 GB. This gives you enough power to execute tons of multimedia work and run those power-hungry applications at one go.
The major highlight of this system is its Windows 10 operating system with 64-bit. This provides the ability to enjoy a more or less refined gaming experience.
The 2016 Newest Dell Inspiron is incorporated with an Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor that makes the process of multi-tasking exceptionally smooth and quick. The Intel HD graphics allows average streaming of multimedia.
It has a four-cell non-removable lithium-ion battery that charges pretty fast and provides consistent power for 6.5 hours before running out of juice.
- The system is inbuilt with a 500 GB hard drive, that enables you to store up to 33,300 photos, 14,000 songs or 265 hours of HD video.
- A battery life of a whopping 6.5 hours is definitely the longest among all its predecessors.
- Multi-tasking and running several multimedia files becomes easier with the Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor, as well as the generous memory offered by the 4 GB Ram, that’s expendable up to 8 GB.
- The most prominent flaw of this system is that it includes the basic Intel HD graphics. This doesn’t allow you to play recent games, even at a lower resolution. So if your basic objective with a gaming laptop is to play older games, then you needn’t worry about this con.
The Final Verdict
The Dell Inspiron Laptop PC may not qualify as the most competent of all the laptops but it sure is a decent device to help you with basic home and office computing, or aid you with your project work and even play older games. It has been designed specifically to showcase supreme versatility and its storage and memory is surprisingly easy to upgrade. Additionally, the long battery life is an added plus.Buy It Now on Amazon
4. ASUS X551M 15.6 Inch Laptop
Featuring a sizable 15.6″ High-Definition display as well as a Windows 8 operating system, the all-new ASUS X551MAV fits the bill of an everyday notebook with performance that’s superior enough to tackle almost any task that comes its way. Geared with the latest Intel Celeron N2840 2.16 Hz dual-core processor, this notebook offers you the requisite power and speed to perform usual computing activities like gaming and studying.
The system has a 500 GB HDD with 5400 RPM speed that offers plenty of storage space to stock up your files, music, video, software and multimedia downloads.
ASUS X511MAV is turbocharged by the Intel Dual-Core Celeron N2830 Processor. This makes it a notch above the other cheap laptops and allows it to deliver peak performance while handling multiple tasks at a time.
This laptop features a 15.6-inch screen with HD LED-lit display, having a resolution of 1366 x 768. That is sufficient for viewing videos at crystal-clear graphics.
ASUS X511MAV has a Windows 8.1(64.1) operating system that allows users to avail apps from the Windows 8 store instead of relying upon an optical drive.Check The Best Price on Amazon
- You can peacefully rely on the Smart Gesture technology to provide you with a smooth trackpad navigation. Also, with the unique ergonomic design, you can easily play for hours at a stretch without tiring your hands.
- With the ASUS X511MAV, you can choose from four preset modes- Manual, Normal, Theater and Vivid, to optimize your viewing experience. This means, you can play without straining your eyes and watch videos with razor-sharp resolution and life-like visuals.
- This latest version of has been integrated with the SonicMaster technology, to produce splendid quality of audio output from the in-built speakers. Moreover, the sound has been optimized with 5 preset modes to fit your gaming or streaming needs.
- The ASUS operates quietly without making much noise, allowing you to engage in some exciting gameplay without waking up the whole house!
- The keyboard of the ASUS X511MAV is a bit wobbly and mostly suitable for home use only, as prolific writers won’t be impressed by it.
- Moreover the warranty period of one year comes across as a bit of a surprise to people who wish to hold on tight to their precious pennies.
The Final Verdict
To wrap up, the ASUS X511MAV is highly suitable for regular tasks like browsing, video playback and Skype. Users who wish to play games on this laptop should restrict themselves to titles obtained from the Windows Store only. Since these titles were developed solely for Modern UI interfaces, they are expected to run smoothly on the X511MAV. Among gaming laptops under 300, this one stands out for consuming relatively less power, operating quietly and enabling the play of quite a few up-to-date 3D games like FIFA 15 and Tomb Raider.
5. Acer C720 Chromebook
Acer ‘s new offering, the C720 Chromebook combines the best of two worlds- simplicity and speed. Updated on a continual basis, this third-generation Chromebook comes with the benefits of robust security, long battery life of 8.5 hours and the latest Intel Celeron Haswell processor that allows it to deliver exceptional performance when you need it the most. Additionally, its 11.6″ screen with anti-glare HD display promises supreme functionality outdoors.
At 2.8 pounds, Acer C720 is sleek, slim and 30% lighter than its predecessors. Therefore, its extremely convenient to carry to far-off locations.
The model comes with a 2 GB DDR3L SDRAM that’s not bad for storing a normal amount of multimedia files. It also provides an additional 100 GB of free storage space in Google Drive.
Acer C720 Chromebook is powered by the super-fast Intel Celeron 2955U 1.4 Hz, that allows the system to boot in almost six seconds. It also lets user multi-task effortlessly for long hours.
The brand-new Chromebook includes a 11.6″ screen with an anti-glare HD LED display for both daylight and nighttime viewing.
As compared to other gaming laptops under 300, it has a long battery life of 8.5 hours. Moreover, it doesn’t require much time to charge.
- Acer C720 is a popular and affordable Chromebook, that combines speed and price in equal measure. Since it uses the Celeron processor, it boots up fast and saves you tons of time.
- At 2.8 pounds, this next-generation Chromebook is surprisingly slim and fits compactly in your purse or bag. It’s easy to carry and works without requiring excessive power.
- Its anti-glare HD display and crisp resolution allows you to enjoy games on the Chromebook out in the sunlight.
- Acer C720 is powered by the Intel Celeron 2955U processor that works superbly to load content-rich webpages at lightening speed and provide you with a splendid experience of web browsing and gaming. You can run several pages at a time effortlessly.
- A prominent downside of this system is that it’s not available with a 4GB RAM. From the performance point of view, this makes it slightly less efficient than the core i3 processor system. However, for regular use, you won’t feel the difference much.
- The device has limited offline functionality as most of the apps in the Chrome Store are website links.
The Final Verdict
The Acer C720 is a suitable and handy solution for all those who don’t like paying for high-end features that they’re not likely to use. The device is apt for everyone, from students to road warriors, and compensates for its flaws by featuring a desirable range of perks, to the likes of an extra 100 GB storage and portability.Order Now
If you’re looking for a laptop that provides smooth gameplay of most of the older games, without sacrificing your paycheck, then all the aforementioned gaming laptops under 300 fit the bill. For their price, they come packed with an incredible assortment of features that allow you to enjoy both work and play in equal measure. These cheap laptops are portable and provide consistent use before draining up on juice. So whether you want to compete in Torchlight or play older titles like Team Fortress 2, they’ve got you covered!